The MISSION of the Hilltop Conservancy is to keep the Hilltop Reservation as a nature preserve that provides habitat for native wildlife and plant species; and a site that provides respite, enjoyment, and learning activities to the community.
- A ‘leave it as you found it’ philosophy.
- Curiosity for the natural world and learning opportunities for children of all ages.
- Respect for wildlife, natural places and visitors.
- This nature preserve as a community treasure.
- Our role as stewards of the Hilltop Reservation property
- Abundant native plants and animal species in residence.
- A ‘go to’ place for hikers, bird clubs, learning projects and for those interested in the simple beauty of a nature preserve.
- Lively and ongoing communication with the community about activities and status
Current PROJECTS and GOALS:
- Provide and maintain walking trails within the Hilltop reservation, and map connections to trails enjoyed by hiking clubs.
- Restore and maintain a meadow with native plants and flowers that provide food for birds and butterflies.
- Provide nesting places for birds.
- Inventory and publish a list of native plants and animals .
- Maintain a website with information about the Hilltop Reservation and activities.
- Make available written materials about the Hilltop Reservation and its history.
- Increase the number of friends to the Hilltop Reservation by growing membership in the Hilltop Conservancy organization: meeting as a group to share ideas and tasks.